Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion H8-1285D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bits) to Windows 10 Home Premium(64-bits) in November 2019.

In my previous posting, my PC Wifi adapter could 'only support' 2.4GHz wifi band. After much research through the web, it dawned on me that the adapter was defaulted to be able to "only support 2.4 GHz" wifi band. This was because under Advanced Properties of the adapter, one of the property : Disabled Bands was set to on the value None. In fact there were two other values, and they were Disabled 802.11a and Disabled 802.11b.

When I set the value to Disabled 802.11a, now I can view both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi bands.

Now comes another set of challenge, and that is the profile name of my wired LAN that my wifi adapter previously supported 2.4GHz wifi band adopted the SSID of 2.4GHz wifi band.

If I am to rename the profile name to the SSID of 5Ghz wifi band, I know it won't impact the speed of wired LAN.

My puzzle is how come the profile name of the wired LAN in the first place, adopted the SSID of 2.4GHz wifi band and not

any other non-SSID name?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@aswann
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

A LAN may be wired, wireless, or a combination of the two. A standard wired LAN uses Ethernet to connect devices together. Wireless LANs are typically created using a Wi-Fi signal. If a router supports both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections, it can be used to create a LAN with both wired and wireless devices.

To get the answer to this question, this is due to most of the Windows 10 drivers are not compatible with Windows 7 hardware. 

• Note There are no windows 10 drivers for this computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.