Did you mean: 
125uutch
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Browsers will not load pages

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just purchased a new HP Pavilion desktop for church secretary.  It will not load (times out) on the church website and webmail login page. We use a wireless network and Spectrum IPS. The  old computer worked perfectly.

I am the webmaster for the website and it loads perfectly on other devices. I have it set to recognize the naked URL as well as http://URL and www.URL.

I was able to load the site once in incognito mode, but now that won't work either. Using Google Chrome as the default browser but Firefox nor IE will load the pages either. All will load CNN and other sites. 

So far I have uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome with a re-boot, reset TCP/IP, reset winsock catalogue, and flushed DNS, all to no avail.

At this point, I am ready to box up the Pavillion, take it back to the store and go back to the old computer. Do you have any  suggestions for a fix? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Ron

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@125uutch

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Pavillion desktop series PC and the church website and webmail login page timeout. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

I suggest you to check the status of the issue on in Private mode. Open an Edge window, press Shift+ Ctrl + P to open a new window in, in Private mode. Further, you may try turning off the Smart Screen filter and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Refer the below steps to turn on the Smart screen filter off.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click on the three dots (…) 
on the top right corner.

3. Select Settings.

4. Click on View Advanced Settings.

5. Turn Smart Screen Filter Off.

You may also try using Internet Explorer to check if the issue persists.

Refer the link given below and make sure the websites are not set in to restricted sites list.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/ie-security-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11 

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you. 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation