Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello. I bought a HP ProDesk 400 G6 mini without any wireless connectivity. I wanted to add a m.2 Intel Wifi 6e card, but I don't have any built in antennas. I have another ProDesk mini (a 600 G6) which came with a m.2 wireless card and with 2 antennas, so I do know how they look like. It's just that I can't find them anywhere to buy. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The product ID for your systems would have been helpful. 

There are two locations that I know of to look up parts such as wireless lan kits, be sure to change your country location

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/

https://parts.hp.com/

I looked for 400 and 600 G6 lan kit but was unable to find where to order it, perhaps our volunteer Prométhée might know.

For example:

BeemerBiker_0-1656171105639.png

Clicking on that "reseller ... click here" simply went to parts.hp.com

1 - Try the above links I posted, select the country and put in your serial number and look for a lan kit that has bluetooth and an antenna. Hopefully there will be one kit else you need to order them separately.

2 - The g6 600 kit probably works fine in the g6 400.  You can test it to see if it works.  If it does then lookup the part number on the m.2 card and use that part number in the parts surfer link .    The card will probably look like the following

BeemerBiker_1-1656171431632.png

The connectors are all standardized.  If there is a part number on the antenna then look that part number up.  Since you know what the antennas look like then alternately pick one of the following

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=prodesk++G6+wifi+antenna&...

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

The Product ID is: 9AG50AV

I did look in the PartSurfer website, there was nothing regarding antennas for the 400 G6 mini. I already bought the m2 wifi adapter (Intel AX211), all I need now is the antenna.

I bought a couple of universal antennas from Ebay, but I am not sure how to install them on the chassis, as the installation is via stickers and they are a bit bigger than the allocated space for the antennas in the front of the chassis. Can I just put the antennas on the chassis underneath the motherboard and just tape it there?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Here is the generic antenna which I got:

[content removed]

HP Recommended

Not sure why your content was deleted.  If you think I need to see it then PM it to me.

Try to put in same place as the model 600 cables

Personally, I could obtain a kit where the wires go to the back of the case to a half-height bracket that has contacts to screw two external antennas onto.

If you cannot have antennas in the back of the case then replace with a monopole like this one.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

The content was a link from Ebay for the adhesive antenna which I got.

The placement of the antennas in the 600 model is the same as in the 400 one: at the front of the chassis to the left and to the right and it is a tight fit and the antennas are fixed with screws in the 600.

Also, the models I have and the ones I am referring to are all minis, so the products you suggested will not fit.

In the teardown video from HP available on Youtube, they show how to attach the antennas, I just need to buy something like this first. The antennas which I already bought do have a place for screws and are just adhesive pads with IPXE4 head at the end of the wire.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.