Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy 4501 printer. I had it all set up and could print fine but couldn't scan from my computer, well somewhere along the way I have another issue. My internet and printer won't connect to wifi at the same time. If I want to print I have to disconnect from the internet and click connect to connect my printer so it will work. I have tried some suggestions I have read on here but no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Ramsey1,

I see you're having an issue with print to you Envy 4501, and that you need to flip the network back and forth to do so. I will attempt to help you with this.

What this would indicate, is the printer isn't actually setup on your home network. That you are flipping the computer to be on the printers own network referred to as wireless direct. On the printer if you go to setup (wrench icon on some units), wireless direct > you will have the option to turn off wireless direct. From there, you may have to re-enter the setup menu, then go to wireless> here you should see the wireless setup wizard, this will allow you to put the printer onto your home network (the same as the computer).

Once the printer is on the network, it should ask if you'd like to print off a page. Say yes, this will provide you with the printer IP. You may need to up date the printer IP on the computer. You can do that by clicking on the icon for your printer that should be on your desktop, then going to utilities. There should be an update IP option. (At most you may need to re-add you printer.)

Try the above an let me know how things go for you. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Can you please share step by step instructions for doing the same.

I am using HP 3545 Printer and i have the same problem cannot connect wireless internet and printer at the same time

Earliest reply will be appreciated

HP Recommended

Have you ever found out a answer?

HP Recommended
Can not get the internet on my printer
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.