Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0017no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can’t connect to my network, by cable or Wifi since my computor has been put in flightmode! But I can not deactivate the flight mode...it is in gray and locked!! 😞

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Parasite68 Welcome to HP Community!

I saw your post on the flight mode button not working after the windows update. I am happy to help you with this issue!

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,                

• Did you try to turn on and off the airplane mode in windows?

If not, follow the below steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Airplane mode.

The Network & Internet menu opens.

2. In the Network & Internet menu, turn on airplane mode by moving the airplane mode slider to On.

Figure : Airplane mode turned on

Network & Internet menu with airplane mode set to on

Wireless networks, mobile broadband, Bluetooth, and other connections are now disabled.

3. To verify airplane mode is on, check the taskbar for the airplane mode icon.

Figure : Airplane icon in the taskbar

Taskbar with airplane mode icon highlighted
  4. To turn airplane mode off, in Windows, search for and open Airplane mode.

5. Move the airplane mode slider to Off.

Figure : Airplane mode turned off

Network & Internet menu with airplane mode set to off
  6. To verify airplane mode is off, check the taskbar for the network icon.

Figure : Network icon in the taskbar

Taskbar with network icon highlighted

If it still does not work, update the keyboard driver:

Use this link to download the keyboard driver for your computer:- https://hp.care/2ok413d

You can also update all the drivers on your computer automatically by just running the HP Support Assistant.

Refer to this HP document:- https://hp.care/2L64xNu

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for all your attempts and suggestions to solve my problem... Unfortunately none of these solutions are possible due to the fact that everything which requires internet connection is totally blocked!! The flight mode ”button” is impossible to turn off, since it has been deactivated. So, downloading is out of the question and any problemsolving through the windows update or HP simply doesn’t work! It seems the network card has been turned off... No Wifi, no LAN-connection, no nothing! 😞 I asked a computor expert to come over and he thought rebooting the whole computor with a CD-rom was necessary...

HP Recommended

@Parasite68

Thank you for the update.

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the network test to check the hardware functionality is working fine or not.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose a network and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.