Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have two questions:

1: I have a desktop HP Envy 700 and I'm connected to the internet by an ethernet cable.  It seems my computer has wifi built in as it gives me a network name, but when I try to access it, I need a password, and I don't ever remember getting a password! I've done diagnostic tests and tried to find the password on my PC but no luck. Any ideas on how to get my password or reset it?

2:  Is it possible to have both wifi and still use a ethernet cable on my PC? I'd like to use my PC's wifi network with the new smart tv I just bought, so I can stream shows.

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. You need to logon to your wireless router to find out what the password is OR you can reset your router and start EVERYTHING over again.

Router should have a tiny hole and you can use a paper clip to reset it. Plase check its manual.

2. Yes, you can use BOTH at the same time.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. You need to logon to your wireless router to find out what the password is OR you can reset your router and start EVERYTHING over again.

Router should have a tiny hole and you can use a paper clip to reset it. Plase check its manual.

2. Yes, you can use BOTH at the same time.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.