Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk Desktop 400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I am setting up my new desktop for HP ePrinting to my wireless printer using my network router. I find my printer using the IP address the printer provided. I get to the step on the Web Services webpage where​ I click ENABLE but it says CONNECTING continuously... for hours. How can I receive the claim code?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ponnink

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I'm afraid the HP ProDesk 400 is a commercial unit and therefore, I would recommend you check the product specifications using the product number to confirm if it's capable of wireless,

If it is and it doesn't work, you may want to create a new post regarding the ProDesk as I'll need to have that transferred to the commercial team who could help you out.

As far as the printer goes, it looks like you've pretty-much-done everything that could have possibly resolved the issue and I respect that.

For now, it looks like the only option left to do regarding the printer is to contact HP for a hardware service setup:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ponnink,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to get the claim code for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn.

This issue could occur there is a connectivity issue with the web server.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

First, make sure the printer is connected to the network. Once done, try the steps below to assign a manual DNS address.

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Once the static IP & DNS is assigned, check http://hp.care/2cF2tgG to get the printer claim code and to set up the web-services.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Rainbow 23,

My menus looked different, but I diabled IPv6 and manually changed the IPv4 DSN addresses as you suggested and that all is reflected in the updated summary page now.  It still wouldn't connect.  So I restarted the CPU, restarted the printer ... no better. So I restarted the modem, router and then CPU ... no better.  The printer ethernet cable lights are solid green and

flashing orange, which I think is normal. I am able to print from the desktop using the HP ePrint destination on the printer choices menu so, the printer and the ethernet connections seem to be good. And, of course, I detached the printer USB when I attached the Ethernet cable.  (I'm trying to switch from USB to wireless ePrint so other family members can print without getting on my desktop.) 

Is there something I must do on the Printer LCD display menu.  It is clumsy but I found a Network menu that allows manipulating IP, subnet mask, and default gateway.  But everything on the printer is the same as shown on the Web Service page.

Ponnink

HP Recommended

@ponnink,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

Please follow the steps provided below to restore the printer to factory defaults: 

LCD control panel:

1. From the product control panel, press the Setup button.

2. Open the Service menu.

3. Select the Restore Defaults option, and then touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

Touchscreen control panel: 

1. From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Setup button.

2. Touch the Service menu.

3. Select the Restore Defaults option, and then touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

Now you need to connect the printer to the network by following the link: Wired Network Printer Setup (Windows)

Then, you may follow the link to get the claim code: Getting the Printer Claim Code

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Rainbow23,

I restored the printer default using the LCD pad.  The printer did not shut off after pressing OK.  It just said READY ... AUTOMATIC and cycled its IP address - with a new suffix now. So I manually shut off the printer and then restarted. Then I followed the new driver installation menus using the link you sent. In the last step, I again print a beautiful test page, and get an error message that there was a problem communicating with the printer.  I had the same message 2 days ago when I first tried. I appreciate your help .. any more suggestions?

Ponnink

HP Recommended

@ponnink
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
Rainbow 23,
I know my HP LaserJet is wireless capable. But is it possible that this HP ProDesk 400 is not wireless capable? I just assumed it was since my previous 9-yr old ASUS was.

Ponnink
HP Recommended

@ponnink

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I'm afraid the HP ProDesk 400 is a commercial unit and therefore, I would recommend you check the product specifications using the product number to confirm if it's capable of wireless,

If it is and it doesn't work, you may want to create a new post regarding the ProDesk as I'll need to have that transferred to the commercial team who could help you out.

As far as the printer goes, it looks like you've pretty-much-done everything that could have possibly resolved the issue and I respect that.

For now, it looks like the only option left to do regarding the printer is to contact HP for a hardware service setup:

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.