Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Tried to send a fax, but always I receive this message: Using a type of phone cord with fax = Fail

I connect Line 1 directly to phone line and line 2 to the phone device

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Soudans

Thanks for the reply,

Prepare the printer for faxing

Prepare your HP printer for faxing. These steps use a traditional landline telephone service. If you use a different type of phone service (cellular, Internet phone, PBX, or DSL), see the FAQs in this document to set up the connection.

1. Obtain a telephone cord. Use the cord that came with the printer. If you do not have the original cord, use a cord with connectors that have two wire leads, not four.

Two-wire connector

2. Connect the phone cord to the phone wall jack and to the 1-LINE jack on the back of the printer.

Connect the 1-LINE phone connection

3. If you have an answering machine, connect a phone cord to the machine and to the 2-EXT jack on the rear of the printer. Doing so allows your telephone answering machine to record voice calls normally without recording the noises from faxes.

1. Wall jack

2. Two-wire phone cord

3. Answering machine

4. Single-line telephone

4. Set up fax settings and preferences. The HP software includes guided fax setup tools (the Fax Setup Wizard in Windows or the Basic Fax Settings tool for Mac), or navigate to the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel.

• Fax header: Enter text you want recipients to see at the top of your faxes. A typical fax header contains your name, the name of your business, and the complete 10-digit fax telephone number.

• Answer mode/Auto answer: Picks up your phone calls after a specified number of rings and accepts incoming faxes. If this feature is off, a person must manually accept incoming faxes from the printer control panel.

• Rings to answer: When the phone rings, the printer waits and counts the number of telephone rings before it answers the call.

• If the phone line is shared with your voice calls, choose a number rings that provides enough time for you to answer the phone before the printer picks up a call.

• If the phone line is shared with an answering machine, choose a number to pick up that is two rings more than the answering machine. Doing so ensures the answering machine answers the phone before the printer.

• Set the ring type: Use the All Rings setting for a dedicated fax line or select Distinctive Ring if you set up a special ring pattern for the fax line.

• Dial type: Match the type of analog phone service you have; tone or pulse. If the dial type does not match, the printer cannot detect rings and answer incoming calls.

The current industry standard is tone dial in most areas. You might have pulse dialing if you use a rotary telephone. If you are not sure of the dial type, contact your phone service provider.

• Fax volume: Select a volume level to hear sounds made during the fax call, such as dial tones and busy signals. Set the volume to Off if you want silent faxing.

5. Run a fax test to confirm the fax set up was successful. On the printer control panel, locate Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax orSetup menus. A report prints with test results and any instructions to resolve issues.

Additionally, you can test send and receive functionality with the HP Fax Test Service. Send a fax to 1-888-HPFaxme (1-888-473-2963 U.S.). The service receives faxes and returns faxes within 5 to 7 minutes to the fax number contained in the fax header.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-7510-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/7127198... for further assistance.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Soudans

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are unable to send fax.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Provide the printer model number or the product number.
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is installed?

Reply with these information for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is HP 7510 Office Jet - all in one

I'm using Desktop Imac Retina, 27

Operating System : mac OS 10.13.6

HP Recommended

@Soudans

Thanks for the reply,

Prepare the printer for faxing

Prepare your HP printer for faxing. These steps use a traditional landline telephone service. If you use a different type of phone service (cellular, Internet phone, PBX, or DSL), see the FAQs in this document to set up the connection.

1. Obtain a telephone cord. Use the cord that came with the printer. If you do not have the original cord, use a cord with connectors that have two wire leads, not four.

Two-wire connector

2. Connect the phone cord to the phone wall jack and to the 1-LINE jack on the back of the printer.

Connect the 1-LINE phone connection

3. If you have an answering machine, connect a phone cord to the machine and to the 2-EXT jack on the rear of the printer. Doing so allows your telephone answering machine to record voice calls normally without recording the noises from faxes.

1. Wall jack

2. Two-wire phone cord

3. Answering machine

4. Single-line telephone

4. Set up fax settings and preferences. The HP software includes guided fax setup tools (the Fax Setup Wizard in Windows or the Basic Fax Settings tool for Mac), or navigate to the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel.

• Fax header: Enter text you want recipients to see at the top of your faxes. A typical fax header contains your name, the name of your business, and the complete 10-digit fax telephone number.

• Answer mode/Auto answer: Picks up your phone calls after a specified number of rings and accepts incoming faxes. If this feature is off, a person must manually accept incoming faxes from the printer control panel.

• Rings to answer: When the phone rings, the printer waits and counts the number of telephone rings before it answers the call.

• If the phone line is shared with your voice calls, choose a number rings that provides enough time for you to answer the phone before the printer picks up a call.

• If the phone line is shared with an answering machine, choose a number to pick up that is two rings more than the answering machine. Doing so ensures the answering machine answers the phone before the printer.

• Set the ring type: Use the All Rings setting for a dedicated fax line or select Distinctive Ring if you set up a special ring pattern for the fax line.

• Dial type: Match the type of analog phone service you have; tone or pulse. If the dial type does not match, the printer cannot detect rings and answer incoming calls.

The current industry standard is tone dial in most areas. You might have pulse dialing if you use a rotary telephone. If you are not sure of the dial type, contact your phone service provider.

• Fax volume: Select a volume level to hear sounds made during the fax call, such as dial tones and busy signals. Set the volume to Off if you want silent faxing.

5. Run a fax test to confirm the fax set up was successful. On the printer control panel, locate Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax orSetup menus. A report prints with test results and any instructions to resolve issues.

Additionally, you can test send and receive functionality with the HP Fax Test Service. Send a fax to 1-888-HPFaxme (1-888-473-2963 U.S.). The service receives faxes and returns faxes within 5 to 7 minutes to the fax number contained in the fax header.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-7510-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/7127198... for further assistance.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much the problem is been solved

HP Recommended

@Soudans

Thanks for the reply,

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.