Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 24 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am tryiing to pair my Desktop to my iPhone and I get message "Not Connected"  Both devices are definitely on the same network and both devices have HP Orbit software.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tpt9

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you aren't able to Pair your desktop with your iPhone due to the Message "Not Connected",

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is this the first time you are attempting a connection using the HP Orbit or have you done this before?

Did you check the HP article for a solution?

If you haven't, here's a few things you can do:

Step one: Start HP Orbit on the computer
Step two: Download and install the Android and iOS apps
Step 3: Pair your devices
Step 4: Transfer between devices
Step 5: Work with your transferred files

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have tried all the steps multiple times. Still getting message "not connected" even though I can see the network name is the same on both devices and Orbit is installed on both devices. Attempting to connect my new HP 24 All in One to my iPhone 6
HP Recommended

@tpt9

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If you've confirmed that the iOS version you have is compatible as mentioned below:

HP Orbit does not work with versions of iOS older than 9.1. Verify that your device is running iOS version 9.1 or higher.

And yet, the issue persists, try the below steps:

Both devices must be on the same wireless network. Make sure that both devices are on the same wireless network. If the problem persists, reboot both devices.

Also, Use the following steps:

1. Make sure that both devices are on the same wireless network.

2. If the problem persists, restart your computer.

3. If the problem still persists, a third-party software firewall application installed on your computer might be blocking Orbit from communicating between your devices. The process for configuring software firewalls varies from product to product.

Search the help information provided with your software firewall application for instructions to create a firewall exception rule.

4. Create a firewall exception to allow incoming TCP traffic on ports 9955 and 13148.

If the issue isn't resolved, reinstall the Application on both devices and retry.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for trying but I'm afraid it's just not going to work because I have Windows 10. Bummer. It looks like a great app.
HP Recommended

@tpt9

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I know you have a windows 10 OS on your computer, I was referring to the app that would be installed into your iPhone for it to work with the one installed on your computer!

In order for this to work, you need to install the app on both the windows 10 PC and the iOS on your phone.

Please go through these instructions to set it up: Click here

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.