Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Cannot link my printer to my chromebook laptop. I have tried everything. The driver is installed but still not working Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Tonyknowledge,

Are you able to print from other devices?

Is the printer connected to the network by a wired or a wireless connection?

Is the printer and the Chromebook connected to the same network?

Please share the complete printer model name to assist you better.

Try few steps in the meantime and check if it helps.

Restart router, printer and computer together, connect the printer back to the network and try printing.

To use Google Cloud Print, register your Google Cloud Print Ready printer with Google Cloud Print.
Make sure your Chromebook is turned on and is connected to the wireless network with an active Internet connection.
Turn on your printer or press a button on the control panel to make sure the printer is in a ready state.
On your printer, make sure the light next to the Wireless icon is on and steady, and then open the Wireless network menu to make sure the printer is connected to the same network as your Chromebook.
If you have not connected the printer to the network, for printers with LCD or text control panels use the Wireless Setup Wizard in the Network, Wireless, or Setup menu to connect it, or press the wireless button until it blinks, and then press the WPS button on the router to connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
Open the Chrome browser, and then sign in to your Google account.
Click the Chrome menu icon, and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
In the Settings window, scroll down and select Show advanced settings.
Scroll down to Google Cloud Print, and then click the Manage button.
Google Cloud Print detects any printers on the network.
If your printer is listed under 'New devices', click Register, and then click Register again to confirm and print a confirmation page. For some printers, you might be prompted to complete the registration from the control panel.
If your printer is listed under 'My devices', and then your printer is already registered with Google Cloud Print. Click Manage to view your registered Google Cloud Print printer.
If your printer is not listed, and then it was not discovered. Continue to the next section to register your printer using HP ePrint.

Refer this article to know more information about printing from Chromebook. Click Here

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Tonyknowledge,

Are you able to print from other devices?

Is the printer connected to the network by a wired or a wireless connection?

Is the printer and the Chromebook connected to the same network?

Please share the complete printer model name to assist you better.

Try few steps in the meantime and check if it helps.

Restart router, printer and computer together, connect the printer back to the network and try printing.

To use Google Cloud Print, register your Google Cloud Print Ready printer with Google Cloud Print.
Make sure your Chromebook is turned on and is connected to the wireless network with an active Internet connection.
Turn on your printer or press a button on the control panel to make sure the printer is in a ready state.
On your printer, make sure the light next to the Wireless icon is on and steady, and then open the Wireless network menu to make sure the printer is connected to the same network as your Chromebook.
If you have not connected the printer to the network, for printers with LCD or text control panels use the Wireless Setup Wizard in the Network, Wireless, or Setup menu to connect it, or press the wireless button until it blinks, and then press the WPS button on the router to connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
Open the Chrome browser, and then sign in to your Google account.
Click the Chrome menu icon, and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
In the Settings window, scroll down and select Show advanced settings.
Scroll down to Google Cloud Print, and then click the Manage button.
Google Cloud Print detects any printers on the network.
If your printer is listed under 'New devices', click Register, and then click Register again to confirm and print a confirmation page. For some printers, you might be prompted to complete the registration from the control panel.
If your printer is listed under 'My devices', and then your printer is already registered with Google Cloud Print. Click Manage to view your registered Google Cloud Print printer.
If your printer is not listed, and then it was not discovered. Continue to the next section to register your printer using HP ePrint.

Refer this article to know more information about printing from Chromebook. Click Here

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes this solution did work for me got it set up last week. Thanks for help ....sorry late reply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.