FRABRO
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cannot print

HP Recommended
HP Envy4500e all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Cannot print . Used SCAN DOCTOR and it it said wireless set up was strong and printed a test page but i still cannot print anything from my desktop . help

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,529
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FRABRO

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an  HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer is connected wirelessly. Thr HP Print and Scan Doctor senses that the wireless connectivity is good but the printer does not respond to print commands from the computer. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Does the printer print fine from other devices or computers (if available) which are in the same network?
  • Do you receive any error message while trying to print (like the printer is offline, etc.)?
  • Is the printer able to make a photocopy?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please download and install the firmware update for the printer. Once the firmware update is installed successfully, please restart the printer.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation