Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 800 G3/G4/G5 DM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My issue is that when using the HP 800 DM G3/G4/G5 models and swapping out the factory drive with a brand new 1TB Seagate BarraCuda SSD drive (Model - ZA1000CM1A003 PN: 2TS106-570) I'm now unable to PXE boot the devices. The PC turns on, I hit F12, the screen goes black for a bit and then the PC reboots itself. (I have 5 brand new drives all doing the exact same thing)

I'm having the exact same issue on any G3, G4 and G5 model with any version BIOS.

These drives work fine in the HP 800 G1SFF and G2 DM models with older and the latest BIOS installed.

I can do a manual install of Windows on the drives, that works fine, I just can't PXE boot to image them. If I remove the drive and then try to PXE boot it loads PXE fine (obviously doesn't find a hard drive in the end)

I'm using SCCM to image the devices, if I plug the original drives back into the PC's the imaging process starts and finishes fine, but once I swap them over to the new 1tb drives the issue happens again. 

I've tried factory resetting the BIOS and reconfiguring them to our usual specs. I've tried formatting, diskparting and formatting the drives different ways. 

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

say using PXE thin net.

and post to HPE form business nobody uses this at home.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your response. I assumed I was in the HPE section.

What is the correct place I need to post this information to?

Cheers

GT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.