Wjd257
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Computer causes internet signal drop

HP Recommended
All in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
When my computer is on it kills my internet signal. I can run a long electrical cable to a different electrical breaker and the problem stops.
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Wjd257,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with the internet connection dropping right through the house when the HP computer is powered on. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent software or Windows update?
  • Did you make any hardware changes to the computer?
  • Is it a wired or wireless connection?
  • What do you mean when you state that you could run a long electrical cable to an electrical breaker? Are you referring to a hard wired Ethernet connection and router port?
  • Please share an image of the cable connections that you are talking about.
  • Please provide the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.

Please furnish these details and I will be glad to assist you.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation