Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received my HP Omen desktop but I had some trouble when I try to connect to the WiFi in our apartment. The internet service provider is PAVLOV media. Usually, a new device need to be signed up when it’s the first time to connect to the WiFi. However, after the WiFi is connected, the sign in webpage cannot be opened and it said “This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings”. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@chilton8059

If you have already looked up the issue on the 'net, you have likely found a slurry of "fixes".

In particular, it appears that as of 4-Oct-2018, at least a couple of people have experienced this with Microsoft (likely the Edge browser).  Reference  site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings

You might have luck adjusting the SSL settings, though this appears to work for some and not others:

Solved: I cannot connect to any websites because 'they use outdated or unsafe TLS security settings...

Consider installing and using a different browser - perhaps Chrome or FirefoxOpera is also a good choice.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.