Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Rechargable Mouse 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I lost my paired dongle for the HP Envy mouse a few months ago, have since gotten a new dongle and I'm trying to connect my mouse to it, but I'm having trouble. There is a 'connect' button on my mouse so I feel like I should be able to connect it up to a new dongle. However, despite correctly downloading the driver for the bluetooth receiver dongle I've gotten, and despite the fact that both the mouse and the dongle seem to be working seperatly - I can't seem to 'find' the mouse when I try and connect it to my computer. I've tried connecting through bluetooth, wireless display and 'other' on the settings menu just to be sure, but I'm not having any luck. Any advise?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jorobins 

Its specs

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=19133800

It does NOT use Bluetooth and does not support 5-Link technology. It uses 2.4 GHz wireless dongle therefore you need to re-program both (new dongle and the mouse itself) to allow them to "talk" to each other (*)

How ? I can't find you is doing this, if available, the service cost would be more expensive than the new set of mouse.

Hope this makes sense.

(*) Note: each set must have a code, just thinking 10 computers in one small room with 10 mice using same  code. Must be very interesting.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.