Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What are some of the basic steps to reconnect a wireless card's antenna wires?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Watch this video...it's for a notebook PC, but you would attach the antenna wires the same way on any PC--notebook or desktop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkEvKwVrAxA

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I tried for way too much time and haven't gotten it done right.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Check to make sure you didn't bend in any of the sections of the 'cup' while trying to attach the wire.

I know it is not always easy to do.  Tiny connectors and big fingers.

It is one of my most hated projects.

The guy's video says it all. 

Align the connector over the terminal and push down so the connector speads and snaps over the wifi card terminal.

HP Recommended
I had to back off of trying to get it connected for a while because it was kind of frustrating but I asked a pc repair tech who showed me what the problem is.
HP Recommended

Did you try with the card out? You can then put a finger behind the card & when you push on the cup don;t actually just push down but use a forward motion on it. I got it in a few tries...

HP Recommended

Great idea on connecting them before you install the card. There's usually just enough room to do that. It gives you a better view of what you are doing.

HP Recommended

My apology for such a late reply but the the screws head for the screwdriver is stripped and the connectors for the wires are damaged. I bought another but the screws were not included and an over the phone estimate from one of the HP support locations near me said $80 to $100, but now I may have to buy another USB wireless antenna.

HP Recommended

I've had problems with Japanese screws. Not that they're metric, but they use a Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) screw head and I stripped some screw heads on laptops and amateur radio equipment until I learned that they're not Phillips heads though they look like it. Get one of these and your stripped screw heads might still have enough grip left in them for this to work:

https://www.amazon.com/Bessel-Vessel-Difference-Screwdrivers-No-220w-3/dp/B00E55DL4I/ref=sr_1_6

Donald

HP Recommended

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.