Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p134nl

Hello, since a couple weeks ago i've started having a serious problem with my desktop pc. 

At first i noticed the problem while i was on discord, i tried to play overwatch 2 but as soon as i logged in and connected to the server discord would start to go to 5000 ms but after some time it would come back to normal,  thinking it was a server problem i did nothing. Then the same happened while i was playing cities skylines.

A couple days later i found out it was not an internet problem because every other device had not a single lag spike. As a result i started to troubleshoot at the best of my knowledge i tried doing some thing like,  updating every connection driver, also removing and reinstalling them. i tried rebooting the router numerous times, tried flushing the dns, connecting to ethernet and at last  formatting the pc.

The only one that gave me some information was the ethernet, i found out while i was playing Euro Truck in a firends hosted server that sometimes the connection of the game would go out and disconnect me from my friend's server but not from discord, in fact i was not even lagging i had a semi stable ping but sometimes. I'm not 100% sure but it seems like when i was disconnected from the server the ethernet connection would go offline and the wireless would kick in keeping me online in the discord server, a similar thing happened even while i was playing Saint's Row 4 in co-op.

I thought it could be the cable but i found out that one morning playing Overwatch 2 i had a stable connection (+-80) but when i unplagged the cable the ping was from 120 ms to 200+ ms.

I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Gio___,

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with your HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-P134nl wherein it crashes while playing online games.

Please run the updates from HP Support Assistant by following the steps listed below:
1. Download the current version from this Weblink
2. Click on Updates and Messages to scan for new updates.
3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
You may also refer to the HP document to download and use HP Support Assistant by visiting this Weblink.

I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello, and thank you for your time. I uninstalled the current version of hp support assistant i was running and reinstalled the newer version, i did the two updates but the problem it's still there.

Yesterday i tried doing some tests like crashing the connection while running the hp network solver to find the problem, the error it showed was connectivity problem 999, i did the same thing after installing hp assistant and this time it did not show any error. Hope this info can help. Thank you again for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Gio___,

As you have already tried the troubleshooting steps, this could be an issue with the hardware requirements for that particular game software.

I would suggest that you contact that particular game software support for further assistance.

Take care and have a nice day.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Ok ,i'll try contacting them thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.