Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 22-a109
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have been having to run the Microsoft troubleshooter every time I turn on my computer for the day, in order to  reset the wi-fi adapter, and it's becoming more than frustrating.  Since this began happening soon after one of the last couple of Microsoft updates, I have a feeling that it may be a problem with the compatibility of the adapter to something in one of those updates.  I've also checked out the Microsoft support, and although there is quite a large number of complaints about this, it seems that the only viable solution anyone came up with was to buy a new adapter for their computer. There was no solution offered by Microsoft itself that seemed to work for anyone.

However, I was hoping that the most recent HP update for my machine may address the problem, but it has not.  Is there a new driver available from HP for the adapter, which is a Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn, that is compatible with Windows 10?  I did check the drivers offered, but wasn't able to find what I needed.

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Sincerely,

Patricia

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, Patricia:

I beleive that there is an updated driver for that model wifi card for W10, which you may want to try and see if that makes things better.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8188EE, RTL8723BE, RTL8723DE, RTL8821CE, and RTL8822BE wireless LAN Controllers in the supported models running a supported operating system.

2023.54.331.2017 Rev.A     Jun 21, 2017

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80963.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Paul.  I can't install until tonight, since I'm babysitting right now, and don't want to be interrupted when installing something. 

I do, however, have another question for you.  I received a private message from someone calling himself HEALTHDESK4259.  I couldn't understand why it was a pm, rather than posted as a reply to my post, so I clicked on the name in the message, and it told me that this person was registered today, after I made my post to the board.  There was no red label on the name.  Since I was advised to call Tech Support, and given the following telephone number, I thought I should ask whether or not it's legitimate.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have ended up regretting it if I had called the number given, which is +1-877-242-4259.  Would you be able to let me know whether or not my suspicions are justified?

Thanks again for your response to my question.  I'll let you know how the driver works for me as soon as I can test it out.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You were very wise indeed not to engage in communications with what definitely seemed to be a scam private message--especially with the phone number.

A legitimate person should have replied to your public post publicly, like I did.

I have my private message option turned off, not so much because of scams, but because I have gotten many PM's from folks that register just to ask me to help them, and normally the issues they have, I can't help them with anyway.

I do not believe the private message system should be used for personalized PC help if no one has posted their question on the general forum like you did.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

My apologies for not responding to your last message sooner, but I've been in the hospital for the past week or so.  Thanks for the advice on the private message.  I did report it to the forum, since I was sure it must be some sort of scam.

As to the wi-fi adapter, I checked my device settings, drivers, etc., before installing the file you advised me to download.  Although it said that my driver was up to date, I nevertheless uninstalled it and installed the one I downloaded0.  Unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem.  I'm still losing connection.  I have to unplug my wi-fi for a few minutes, and run the microsoft troubleshooter when I plug it back in, in order to reset the adapter, which is what I've been doing ever since that windows 10 update that messed things up in the first place.

I do appreciate your efforts to solve my problem, but I'm guessing that this is something that microsoft needs to address, since it's just happening since one of the last windows updates was installed.  Judging by the number of messages regarding this issue on the microsoft forums, and the lack of response from microsoft to those complaints, we may be waiting in vain for them to take action on this.

Thanks again, Paul.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate you trying to help with this.  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Patricia.

Sorry that the updated driver didn't fix the problem.

I wish you a speedy recovery after your hospital stay.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks for the  well  wishes, Paul...they're  much  appreciated.  As for the adapter,  I appreciate you  trying to help.   It's more than microsoft has done for anyone regarding the problem.   Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

I'm sorry to bother you again,  but I was wondering about buying a usb adapter,  since the driver you sent  me for the Realtek didn't work.  I have no idea about this stuff, as you can probably tell.  lol 

Will another driver work for me, or do I have to use the Realtek brand?  

You've been so kind and patient with my questions, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to help.  This is the only solution that seems to have worked for anyone. so I thought I'd try it.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You only use the Realtek driver for that model wifi card.

As far as usb wifi adapters are concerned, there are many different brands to choose from and there are different models such as single band N, dual band N or dual band AC.

You probably want one that won't stick out too far from the usb port, but still gives good reception.

Here is a listing of usb adapters you can look at and select the one that will fit within your budget and your needs.

https://www.amazon.com/usb-wireless-adapter/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ausb%20wireless%20adapt...

Reading the customer reviews on them will also be helpful.

Before you buy a USB adapter, I can give you older realtek wireless drivers you can try...

Here are a few...

2023.50.1229.2016 Rev.A

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79501-80000/sp79676.exe

2023.38.701.2016 Rev.A

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77436.exe

2023.16.715.2015 Rev.A

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72925.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.