Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-13-2019 11:06 AM
I have an Office jet pro 8715 printer, scanner which is conncted wirelessly to my Dell computer. While scanning 8 pages the computer all at once says it is no longer connected to the printer. The printer connects to my laptop fine. I have a good wireless signal on the computer but the computer requests my network password and rejectes the password as invalid. Any ideals?
03-14-2019 03:16 PM - edited 03-14-2019 03:16 PM
Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!
- Are you able to print from the PC to the printer?
- The blue light on the printer (wireless), is that solid or blinking?
- Please share the screenshot of the error about the password rejection.
Let's try these steps:
Step 1: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Select 'Fix Scanning'
- The tool will run some tests and correct most of the issues automatically.
- Try printing and scanning a few documents.
Let me know what happens.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community