cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdaigle
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Does my computer have Bluetooth capabilities??

HP Recommended

Just recently bought a pair of bluetooth headphones to use with my iPhone. I'm just now wondering if I can use them with my HP Pavilion Elite m9277c PC.

How do I figure out it my computer has a bluetooth transmitter?  I've found a "Bluetooth Devices" page on my computer that says I have "0 items" connected at the bottom of the page. I've tried connecting my headphones using the instructions they give on my computer, but it doesn't recognize/find them.

This being said, I'm leaning towards the notion that I don't have a bluetooth transmitter on my computer? I guess I'm just surprised that if I can find this "Bluetooth Device" page on my PC, shouldn't I be able use bluetooth devices with it? Just wondering if anyone out there knows if I may be doing something wrong, and how can I specifically check my PC to see if a transmitter is actually in it? 

One last question.....if my pc doesn't have a bluetooth radio transmitter in it, am I able to buy an external one that can be hooked up to my computer, so I can then use my wireless headphones with it?

Hope someone out there can help. Thanks.  

6 REPLIES 6
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,570 90,447 11,630 24,925
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine does NOT have BT. Here is its specs (under Networking):

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01443772&lang=en&cc=us...

You can buy USB-Bluetooth such as one of these for your machine:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=usb+bluetooth+dongle&hl=en&biw=1680&bih=849&prmd=imvnsr&source=uni...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

O3710cean
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does my computer have Bluetooth capabilities??

0 Kudos
RandellG
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WHAT ???? computer.

0 Kudos
shirlee1
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP all in one 22-3130. Does anyone know if it is bluetooth capable?

0 Kudos
RandellG
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would suggest looking at the manual for your computer.

Rather easy to find on the HP website.

0 Kudos
shirlee1
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

gee that was helpful.
I could not find a manual

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation