MAMORGAN72
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 keeps disconnecting

HP Recommended
Pavillion 550-127c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer drops connction to internet constantly. Like doesn't work anymore. Had to get Panda USB to even post this. Tried all the network troubleshooting. Drivers. Uninstalling all together. Windows refresh to factory. HP troubleshooter. always resets the wireless adapter and then it works for 5 seconds.

Help.

Out of HP warranty but bought it at Costco so I am still good there. Not sure how to go about warranty work if it comes to it.

2 REPLIES 2
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,946 2,576
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MAMORGAN72,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you run a test on the wireless adapter following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

NOTE: Disconnect the USB wireless dongle before running the test on the wireless adapter.

If the wireless test pass, then follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04649175

If the test fails, I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
leviathany2k
Level 1
11 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you need to have a driver version 17... for some reason windows updates to version 18 adn beyond and that creates this issue that the gateway is not available.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation