Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 i5-6600 Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Godd afternoon.

I'd like to upgrade my computer with a wi-fi card. I installed a TP-Link 150Mbps PCI Express (https://www.tp-link.com/es/home-networking/adapter/tl-wn781nd/) but the computer didn't started. It happened the same to another computer, an EliteDesk 800 G2 i5-6500 SFF.

I'd like to know what wirless card can i use in this computer.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If your PCIe express slots are enabled in the security menu (they should be by default), unfortunately I have no idea why the card isn't being recognized by the PC.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the PCI express cards aren't working, I recommend you just use a USB dual band AC wifi adapter.

Any PCIe x1 card should have worked.

Below is the link to the quickspecs for your PC.

I use this one in several of my HP business desktops and they even work in my Dell PC.

https://www8.hp.com/ca/en/ink-toner-and-accessories/product-details/8872137

You can probably find one of these on eBay, which is where I bought mine from.

HP Recommended

Hello.

I thought that it colud have something to do with de BIOS setup, but I haven't found any option that solves the problem. The card works because I have used it on an older PC.

I'm using a USB adapter but the connection is less stable than using a PCI card.

I appreciate the suggestion on the card but I'm looking for a not so expensive option..

I'll keep on searching  the origin of the problem.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If your PCIe express slots are enabled in the security menu (they should be by default), unfortunately I have no idea why the card isn't being recognized by the PC.

HP Recommended

Yes. I'm afraid it's a matter of an unknown  compatibility between the mainboard and the wifi adapter.

Thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.