Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

ELITEDESK 800 G2 TOWER WI-FI CARD UPGRADE

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 i5-6600 Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Godd afternoon.

I'd like to upgrade my computer with a wi-fi card. I installed a TP-Link 150Mbps PCI Express (https://www.tp-link.com/es/home-networking/adapter/tl-wn781nd/) but the computer didn't started. It happened the same to another computer, an EliteDesk 800 G2 i5-6500 SFF.

I'd like to know what wirless card can i use in this computer.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,293 119,470 19,521 29,830
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the PCI express cards aren't working, I recommend you just use a USB dual band AC wifi adapter.

Any PCIe x1 card should have worked.

Below is the link to the quickspecs for your PC.

I use this one in several of my HP business desktops and they even work in my Dell PC.

https://www8.hp.com/ca/en/ink-toner-and-accessories/product-details/8872137

You can probably find one of these on eBay, which is where I bought mine from.

PacoYS
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello.

I thought that it colud have something to do with de BIOS setup, but I haven't found any option that solves the problem. The card works because I have used it on an older PC.

I'm using a USB adapter but the connection is less stable than using a PCI card.

I appreciate the suggestion on the card but I'm looking for a not so expensive option..

I'll keep on searching  the origin of the problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,293 119,470 19,521 29,830
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If your PCIe express slots are enabled in the security menu (they should be by default), unfortunately I have no idea why the card isn't being recognized by the PC.

PacoYS
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. I'm afraid it's a matter of an unknown  compatibility between the mainboard and the wifi adapter.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation