Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 32-a0055
Microsoft Windows 11

In the past several days, my wifi would disconnect after the computer has been on for a while. It appears to be a driver or similar problem, since I can't find any wifi networks and the Windows 11 network troubleshooter seems to think I don't have wifi. If I reboot, the problem is fixed for a while, then reoccurs. I do get the following error thru Windows:

The Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter is eperience driver or hardware related problems. There doesn't appear to be an updated driver for this hardware; the most recent seems to be from 2017. Any help is appreciated!

agbiggs_0-1642996763862.png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@agbiggs -- not a "solution", but a "bypass": purchase a WiFi adapter with a USB-connector. Disable the onboard WiFi adapter. Connect the new adapter. Configure your new WiFi adapter. Under $50, and quickly done.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue but for me, I can't even see any of the wifi networks in the bottom right corner, I've reinstalled all the drivers directly from the HP website to no avail.  It says that the wifi adapter is enabled but I can't force it to show any networks.  Hoping I don't need to do a full reset

HP Recommended

@Catchenre -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum.

To me, it seems like you do not have the "same issue", implying that you should have opened a new thread.

Is your computer less than 12 months old? If so, contact HP Support, and open a claim against your warranty, to get your computer fixed at HP's expense.

It could be a broken (or disconnected) cable between the WiFi adapter and the antenna, resulting in a "zero" signal-strength reaching the WiFi adapter. 

It could be that your WiFi adapter works only on the "2.4 Ghz" network, while all the surrounding WiFi clouds are working only on the "5 Ghz" network.  Do you have a smart-phone with WiFi? If so, can it connect? Can it "see" any networks at all?

Do you live in a MURB (multiple unit residential building) where there is a very-dense collection of WiFi "clouds" that greatly overlap, or do you live in the country, miles away from any neighbour's WiFi?

HP Recommended

What cleared it up for me was a WIndows update download that came several days later. Reinstalling the drivers didn't seem to make a difference, but once the Windows update was installed I haven't had the issue again. Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.