Did you mean: 
JimHiss
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Envy 4500 Wireless Direct

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500

I can't get "Wireless Direct" turned ON.  I've used it often.  I waht to print a letter. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JimHiss,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with connecting the printer with the wireless direct feature. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Is your printer connected to a router?
  • Have you tried multiple devices to connect using wireless direct with the printer?

For now please try these steps:

• If the printer is connected to a router, then it needs to be disconnected for wireless direct to work. It cannot work on the router and use wifi direct simultaneously.
  • If one phone does not work using this feature, try with another phone or tablet that supports Wi-Fi direct to connect to the printer.
  • Please use this link: http://hp.care/2xKyuNg and follow the steps and FAQs to connect to using Wireless Direct.
  • This printer user guide http://hp.care/2xKyw7Q also shows you how. Please check pages 17-18. This should do the trick for you as long as the printer has no hardware issues.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation