Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 110 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our desktop computer has been having this issue with new modems (we changed 2 of them thinking the modem was the issue) that are speedier and in this latest case that support a fast cable internet connection.
While we do manage to use the internet, the connection doesn't work properly as it keeps disconnecting every 30 secs to 1 minute more or less. It disconnects and reconnects. It's definitely an issue of the computer AND the same problem happens with an HP laptop, that works just fine with wireless connection, but won't work properly with the ethernet cable connection and will present the same "keeps disconnecting and reconnecting" problem. I've tried any and everything, updated drivers, nothing will work. I'm not sure what I should do at this point.

For reference, I also have a laptop of another brand (that I changed to get back to HP real quick,as I wasn't satisfied) and that one will work just fine when connected via ethernet cable, so this makes me think the software on the two HP computers (both the desktop and the laptop) has a problem of some kind.

Please help!

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Are you using a fixed IP address for the ethenet link?

Gateway.png

Can you copy and paste the ipconfig -all?

Getmac All.png

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

I was having the same problem in my hp laptop, the only way i found to solve this problem was by updating the Realteck PCIe FE Family Controler in the device manager. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.