Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 580-023no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

My ethernet has worked fine since my purchase, but it now seems like it doesn't work. Sometimes it randomly hops back on and works, but thats in the minority of times i've had problems with it. I've tried a couple things, like restarting the computer, turning the computer off and unplugging all cables and then put the pc back on, and I've also tried disabling my antivirus. None of these helped. Don't think it's the drivers, since they are regularily updated. May there be a problem with the motherboard connections? Is it somehow the compatibility of the router and the computer that is the problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Malte00-_,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Try the steps recommended below.

Windows 10 monitors the network and Internet connections. If it detects a problem, Windows displays a message and prompts you for permission to diagnose the problem. Click OK to allow Windows to diagnose the problem and restore the connection.
To run the diagnostic tool manually, use one of the following options:
No error message is displayed, but there is no Internet or network connection:
Right-click the Network Connection icon in the notification area, then click Troubleshoot problems. Windows Network Diagnostics checks for problems.
The Network Connection icon is missing in the notification area:
From the search box on the task bar, type repair network, then select Identify and repair network problems from the search results.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Ethernet connection issues.

Also, try uninstalling the Ethernet drivers from device manager and install the latest drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.