22 11 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Frequent Wi-Fi disconnects following update to Network Adapter RTL8723BE

HP Recommended
Pavillion 260-a160na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

On the 09/07/2019 I received 2 driver updates via Windows update, & upon installation, my Wi-Fi connection kept dropping and reconnecting every few minutes.

The updates were Realtek Semiconductor corp. -Net 2024.0.4.108 &  Realtek Semiconductor corp. -Bluetooth 1.6.1015.3008.

As I was having so much trouble, I rolled back the Network adapter to its previous version and everything had been working fine since. However, today I received notification from HP Support assistant that SoftPaq updates were available SP96885 & SP 98235. Following installation, the problem to Wi-Fi returned, so I have yet again rolled back to a previous version.

Does anyone know if there is a known issue with this, and if so, how to fix it?

Thank you for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,747 6,731 636 1,518
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You rolled back to the previous drivers again.

If all is good now using the previous network drivers then ignore or hide the HPSA updates.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ian32uk
Author
Level 2
22 11 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

Thank you for the reply.

I just like to keep everything current with the latest update, but I will do as you suggest.

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,747 6,731 636 1,518
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ian32uk,

You're very welcome.

Sometimes the latest drivers have issues.

Stay with drivers that work.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation