Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
260-a160na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I keep having frequent internet access disconnects that last about 5 seconds before reconnecting again?

The wi-fi router appears fine, & the only sign that something is wrong, is that my Edge browser displays a page about not being connected, and the little signal strength meter on my task bar shows a disconnected globe.

Ian32uk_0-1596034150722.png

HP2.PNG

Unfortunately, this happens so quick that it is hard to capture what the messages say? I have tried searching for network driver updates, but everything appears current. I have also run the following commands after googling similar, but it is still unresolved.

ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset

If anyone can help, then I would be most grateful, & thank you for your time.

Ian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Those are lousy model wifi cards, that are plagued with issues.

If you keep having problems with it, I suggest you purchase a USB wifi adapter and not have to deal with that problem anymore.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Ian:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to update the wifi and bluetooth drivers to their latest versions, restart the PC, and see if that resolves the problem.

Wifi:

v2024.0.10.213

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104142.exe

Bluetooth:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101946.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for replying.

I installed those two driver updates shortly after you post them, and all appeared to be working fine until about 1/2 an hour ago, & it is disconnecting again now?

It is strange, sometimes it disconnects really frequently, as in many times an hour, and sometimes it is okay for days?

Oh well, thanks again, but if anyone has any thoughts, then please feel free.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Those are lousy model wifi cards, that are plagued with issues.

If you keep having problems with it, I suggest you purchase a USB wifi adapter and not have to deal with that problem anymore.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I went ahead & purchased a USB Wi-Fi adapter, and touchwood, all has been fine since. I also now get 51mbps download speeds, as opposed to 11mbps!   

I have accepted your last reply as the solution!

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

...And you can still use the Bluetooth function of the internal wifi adapter, so you're good with wifi and bluetooth now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.