Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 110-417cb PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

HP 110-417cb PC lost wireless LAN after factory restore, does not appear in device mgr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Looked at every setting in the bios and found mini slot card disabled , enabled and wireless working again, thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Install the following softpaq for the Intel 7260/3160 Wireless LAN adapter that is installed in your desktop PC

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69198.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Uninstalled and reinstalled twice, no help, still no wireless adapter in device mgr.  Is there a setting that has to be turned on in the bios?

HP Recommended

Is the notebook  still in warranty?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

it's desktop , re: model # HP 110-417cb PC no it's not in warranty 

HP Recommended

device mgr.PNG

Thiis is what showed up after reboot.

HP Recommended

Looked at every setting in the bios and found mini slot card disabled , enabled and wireless working again, thanks

HP Recommended

Ahh. I don't think the update did that.

BIOS is firmware, not software.

It is at a different layer in the 7 layer OSI model than the operating system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.