Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Linux

Hi all,

I bought two of HP 468349-001 Nc522sfp dual 10GB SFP+ cards. I installed one in my generic desktop. Works like a charm. I installed the other on my HP z840 workstation, no go.

The HP z840 workstation seems to forget/confuse where my boot drive once I installed this card in it. Is there a way I can make it work with my workstation? like a year ago it worked but now it doesn't want to. Is it because I reset the BIOS and now it expects something else from this card?

The card tries to connect twice per interface it has, and then it tells me press F1 to run diagnostics... waits a little then reboots. This is quiet strange to me as it used to work flawlessly on this workstation and NOT on the other desktop, now it is the opposite situation although I tried both cards on each of the PCs and they gave the exact result on the same PC/workstation. This tells me it is the HP z840 maybe BIOS settings.... not sure. Any help highly appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: second post so I am not quiet familiar with the forum rules/conventions. I apologize for this in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.