cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jukebox66
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Bios and System Firmware ( R23 ) - network adapter coming up as unidentified.. since Bios upgra

HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G5 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Afternoon All

I have had a replacement System below.

HP ProDesk 400 G5 Desktop Mini PC
Product number: 7EM44ET#ABU

out of the box today.... installed updates and downloaded hardware drivers from HP Support Assistant after updating from windows updates.

Thought i would do the Bios update from HP Support Assistant as well.... make certain everything is 100% up to date.

HP Bios and System Firmware ( R23 )

SoftPaq Number: sp103735 Version: 02.05.01

after installing this one - I now get Unidentified Network.

1. I have ran windows diags and HP diags - makes no difference.

2. I have reset all adapters from CMD prompt - no change.

3. changed network cables and switches - no change.

4. connected directly to the Fibre broadband modem router - no change.

6. Reset the modem router and connections - no change.

7. reset the IP address on modem router - no change.

8. The only way I can get connected is by using a wireless adapter, which I had from ages ago.

I can't restore back from updated Bios.... anybody got any ideas what to do...

This one machine ... Is being a pain... I might have to pack it back up and send back if I cant sort.

Modem Router is the default IP after resetting from what I had it set to..... 192.168.1.1

wireless is 192.168.1.11

PC IPv4 for hardwired ethernet is 169.254.151.230 - can't seem to change... I think this is the problem... tried manual settings but no change.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation