Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My new HP Pavillion All-In-One Desktop will not recognize my HP Offiejet Pro 8610 e-All-In-One Series. It is a Windows 10 but my Toshiba Laptop and Dell Tablet both with Windows 10 have o issues. I have contacted HP support since the day I got it and all I got asked was, "Is it Under Warranty". I JUST OPENED THE BOX. Finally third person said he could not hear me and would call back. That was two months ago. I still have the issue and have tried to get assistance from HP but now realize it was a mistake to purchase this computer. So if someone can assist in getting this computer to print from its own manufacturer's printer I would be grateful. I selected Wireless and Networking as that was the only option. I tried to set it up using an Ethernet cord and that did not work. I used the installation disc that came with the printer and that did not work. Not looking good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RabbitRoger

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @RabbitRoger,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect your HP e-All-in-One Printer to your computer.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers:

Please follow the steps provided to uninstall the printer software in the link: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.

Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:

1. Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing any one of the following:

(a). Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.

(b) From the Start menu or the Start screen and open Devices and Printers. Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window. Click on the Drivers tab.

2. Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.

3. Click the Remove button.

4. Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Step 2: Download and install the Drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers​​​​​​​

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Rainbow 23, thank you for your time and effort on this. Would have been best if I could have gotten help the first day I called or during the many emails that followed before the warranty ran out. At least you tried. However, I had uninstalled the printer and drivers totally before and then reinstalled everything using the CD that came with the printer. After than I went to HP site to update everything plus I have Driver Booster and used it too.  A contract support group I paid for after not gettingt help from HP got it connected but it only lasted a day. After that I turned on my laptop, tablet and printer (all part of the home network) and as usual the laptop and tablet worked well with the printer with all having Windows10. So again I uninstalled everything to do with the printer and then went through the installation of letting the desktop once again attempt to find the printer. This time it found it and I was able to install it. I did nothing new here other than having everything in the Home Network turned on with the desktop. I just tested it and it is printing still today. Now, how do I get the icon back in my taskbar that allows me to select what I want to do like scan. When I click on the program in the list in Windows 10 it wants me to install the printer yet again. If I could get past that I might be able to scan and that is what I use my printer for more than printing. On the laptop and tablet there is a printer icon and when I click it there are many options listed. For now I cannot scan from the printer to the computer but that is fine. I just want the option to scan using my desktop and selecting from there. I have had three computers (my old Gateway desktop) connected to this same HP printer and this computer is the only one that is so difficult to work with and frustrating after all this time and effort on my part. I ran the Print and Scan Doctor and it is finding no issues.  When using the Scan Doctor it wants to install the printer that is working now but the computer does not recognize it for sanning and even for printing when trying to get assistance. It is a mess.

HP Recommended

Rainbow23, I douns HP ASmart Friend and it has the Scan option there. I do not like it as much as I like the way it works on my laptop, old desktop and tablet. It has Camera options and the printer does not have a camera. I would love to have the old options back again. For now I may be able to use the printer and scanner. But I have to say this has not been a great experience and I am concerned that if I select HP Printer from the programs in the start menu that the desktop wants to install the printer like it does not recognize the fact it is installed and for the first time since I set up this desktop it is working and I hope will continue to work but with so many weird things going on I am not certain. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hi @RabbitRoger,

You are welcome.

I see that the printer is working.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future in this forum and we will always be there to help you.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Rainbow 23, The printer sort of works. I can print from it but the desktop does not recognize it so I have to do a work around each time I print. I also do not like the way I have to attempt to scan. My other two computers can click on the icon and do a scan and save as .pdf or .jpg. This one I have to search for hoping I can find it since the desktop does not recognize it as a scanner. It is a mess. It should be easy to use and I should have had help from day one. After all this time I still do not have it working properly. This is most disappointing. The Toshiba and Dell work great with it but the HP Desktop All-In-One is nothing but a problem. Sorry.

HP Recommended

@RabbitRoger

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

Make use of the windows built-in drivers for windows 10 and use the scanner accordingly:

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher, The printer works fine with Windows 10 on my laptop and tablet. Today I found an app on HP site after obviously weeks of searching for answers on that site, the Scanner App. I downloaded it and it worked. Thank you and I am hoping all stays working finally. Time will tell. 

HP Recommended

@RabbitRoger

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.