Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4523

Hi - I have an HP ENVY 4523 - it worked fine - now, for no reason, it has stopped - it wont connect to the internet - it just keep saying it is not connected to wife - I have tried everything I can read to fix it - I have been without a printer for months now -

please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @HARON8195,

. Good day.:) Thanks for reaching out to the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with setting up the printer on the wireless network.I will be glad to assist you here.

Fantastic description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I would require more information here to assist you better.

• Did you try making copies directly from the printer?
  • Have you bypassed power strips and connected t he printer directly to the wall outlet?
  • Please let me know the operating system of the computer?

It is possible that the ink in the cartridges has dried up due to the printer not being used for some months.

So for a start please make a few copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer. Steps:

• Please try to make a few copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer. Please place the required document face down on the flatbed scanner and touch the copy button. If it copies fine, then the issue could be software related.

If it does not copy, then the printer’s cartridges need to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

If it copies fine, then please perform all the required steps based on the operating system that you have.

Link for wireless setup for windows

Link for HP Printers - Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows)

Link for wireless setup Mac Click here

Link for HP Printers - Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Mac) Click here

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No the ink is not the problem.  The printer worked fine, and I was part of the scheme where HP sent me ink cartridges when I needed them. I have had to cancel this scheme as the printer just stopped connecting to my internet - that is the problem.

So when I press network wireless setup - it doesnt find my wifi -  so it gives me the option to input - and when I do it just searches - then it says 'unable to find this network touch retry to enter the network name again touch continue to connect - then it asks for me to select 'no encryption' WEP encryption' or WAP encryption'   but then it just says connecting for ages - when I print the report off - it says

ATTENTION THE WIRELESS RADIO IS NOT FUNCTIONING. CONTACT HP SUPPORT

can anyone help me please

HP Recommended

@SHARON8195,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you get a message "ATTENTION THE WIRELESS RADIO IS NOT FUNCTIONING. CONTACT HP SUPPORT" when you try to connect your HP ENVY 4523 All-in-One Printer to the wireless network.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague as he is out of the office today.

This issue could occur if the wireless card in the printer is defective.

As the wireless card is not a replaceable part, you need to replace the printer. Hence, you may need to contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

my printer is not very old  - when I click on that link it doesnt give me phone options??

HP Recommended

@SHARON8195

Thank you for replying,

I will be sending you the support number as a private message.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.