Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 32-a0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Envy disconnects from wifi after computer goes to sleep. I have to reconnect to wifi everytime i turn it on. I also cannot find the wifi adapter under the network driver. I think i just have to disable the power management mode in the wifi driver but i cannot find the wifi driver. 

Julio13_0-1655386018315.png

These are the only adapter i see. Which one is the wifi adapter? Yes, i have already reinstalled the drivers. I'm so frustrated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Wifi Adapter is the 3rd one listed in your screenshot (RTL8822CE).

While you're at it, you may want to update the Wi-Fi driver to the latest version...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136501-137000/sp136987.exe 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply. When i open it i dont see the power management option. 

Julio13_0-1655393024029.png

Also i've clicked on update the driver already. I would assume i'm up to date? I also tried clicking on your link but it took me to a cmd prompt where i did not know what to do. 

thank you so much for helping me.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

When you ran the driver, the black command window opens and it 'silently installs' the driver.

Then the window closes.

In your screenshot, click on the driver tab and it should show you the driver version and date.

The driver version after you ran the file link I posted should be 2024.0.10.226 .

I do not see a power management tab in your screenshot, and that is where the setting would have been.

I have an Intel Wi-Fi adapter and as you can see in my adapter's screenshot, there is a power management tab.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1655393632863.png

HP Recommended

Shoot, I wonder why mine doesn't show the power management tab?

Julio13_0-1655397911971.png

HP Recommended

Yes, that is odd. 

I just fired up one of my HP notebooks that has the Realtek 8821CE AC adapter (which has half the throughput as your PC'S WiFi adapter), and my Realtek adapter has the power management tab as well. 

So, I don't know if that is normal for the 8822CE, or if there's a problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.