Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Wifi drops when not in use, have to restart for it resume working. This seems like a silly solution.

When it drops, troubleshooting will not work. There are no networks to detect either.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @DDare.

The first thing that you should do is update the driver.  I suggest going into the Device Manager / Network adapters / right click on your adapter and select Update Driver Software / Search automatically for updated driver software.  If there is an updated driver it will be found and installed.  This is the best way since HP isn't providing Win 10 drivers for older computers if it didn't come with Win 10 preinstalled.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DDare, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

HP Recommended
Model 23-o014 all in one
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @DDare.

The first thing that you should do is update the driver.  I suggest going into the Device Manager / Network adapters / right click on your adapter and select Update Driver Software / Search automatically for updated driver software.  If there is an updated driver it will be found and installed.  This is the best way since HP isn't providing Win 10 drivers for older computers if it didn't come with Win 10 preinstalled.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
There was one. Let's hope it solves it, otherwise I'll be back. Appreciate the help.
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @DDare.  Here's hoping!

I update my drivers using this method periodically.  This way I know which drivers have been installed if there is a problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.