Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27 b105na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have disassembled the above looking for the mouse/keyboard receiver ? Anyone out there have any idea where the receiver is located ? any help appreciated.

Thanks, Alan.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ALANDJ

I have checked the specifications of the PC and dongle or the wireless receiver should be inside the wireless mouse.

Open the cover of the wireless mouse, you should see a Nano receiver that plugs into the USB port.

Refer the product specifications page of the PC to know more information. Click Here

Also, refer this article to know more information about wireless keyboard and mouse connection issues. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead!  🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi A4Apollo,

Apologies for delay in responding and thanks for the reply !!

Probably did not explain myself properly !! When my unit arrived (new) the receiver was already in the unit but actually somewhere inside the casing ! I have found that the keyboard is really small so am sticking with a Logitech unit that i am used to !  there is a small compartment as you pointed out inside the mouse where the receiver is placed when shipping, i am sure i have read somewhere that the receiver is inside the pc and it must be as it is certainly not in any of the external USB ports and everything worked straight out of the box when i first used the unit ?? Have looked inside the base but cannot locate it!! Mystery ??

Regards, Alan.

HP Recommended

@ALANDJ,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Do you have issues using the wireless mouse and keyboard?

I have checked the records and found that the USB receiver is Installed inside the computer from the factory.

So you if need to replace the receiver, you need to contact HP support and get the PC serviced.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.