cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HERB-62_
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy 4520 won't print, even though there's no error message and scan & copy are fine

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520 All in One
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Wireless printing isn't working. However, scanner and copier are fine and I'm getting no error message. (Dialog box says "printing - connecting to printer" but does not the change to "Can't find printer," etc.

I've unplugged and rebooted the router and unplugged the printer.

I recently updated to El Capitan, however I've printed since then, and again, scan and copier are fine.

Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @HERB-62_,

Good Day. Thanks for visiting the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding issues with printing on the wireless network. Superb troubleshooting and splendid description of the issue before posting. Hats off to you on that score. 🙂 I will gladly assist you here.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try to remove the printer and re-add it again?

For now please try these steps:

Please reset the Mac printing system from this link: http://hp.care/2gOrf2g

Then add the printer from by following these steps

Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.

2.) Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.

3.) In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.

4.) Click the Add button.

5.) Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.

6.) Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer.

7.) Avoid the AirPrint driver. Once the correct HP driver is chosen, select Add to add the printer to the list.

8.) Try to print.

Then check if the issue gets fixed.

• If it does not then follow all the steps from this link: http://hp.care/2yV6qYm and check if it gets fixed.
  • This should do the trick for you.
  • If the problem continues, then follow the remaining steps from this link: http://hp.care/2o0Lb3x to fix printer offline issues. However, skip the steps already performed.

This should do the trick for you.

The trick is to remain patient. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation