ritcheypac
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy Curved - Wireless charging doesn't work

HP Recommended
HP Envy Curved AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have owned a HP Envy curved for about 4-5 mos now.  Unfortunately, the cellular wireless charging dock on the unit does not work - The QI.  I contacted HP shortly after purchasing and it was baffling to me to find out that the technicians I spoke to didn't even know about the new model - they kept wanting to tell me info about the old model.  They had no information in front of them about wireless charging on any new HP computers.  So... here I am months later hoping that now someone may know how to get this to work.  Is it simply defective or is there some diagnostic or on/off switch I need to flip.  Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Robert

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ritcheypac,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with Wireless charging on your HP Envy Curved PC. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

When was the last time it worked?

Did this happen after an update?

What is the status of the light? Does it blink or Is it solid

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Mobile devices that support wireless charging can be charged on the base of the HP ENVY Curved All-in-One. Wireless charging is supported on Qi-enabled devices. To wirelessly charge your compatible device, rest the device on the base of the computer when the computer is turned on. Place the device with the screen facing up, positioning the device's wireless charging coil directly on top of the square icon on the computer base.

I have a found a wonderful document which will help you resolve this issue: Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation