Rhump1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy Recline 27 can't keep a WiFi connection

HP Recommended
HP Envy Recline 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My all-in-one Envy 27 keeps going offline (can't hold a Wifi connection)

I have tried going to Network Connections to Disable and then Enable the Wi-Fi connection but this does not work all of the time.

All of my other computers running off my Wifi are working fine.

The only variable is a recent update to Itunes, ICloud & Apple Application Support 32 bit and 64 bit.

Could that being doing it?

3 REPLIES 3
shineyhawkz
Level 4
104 100 7 10
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Rhump1,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your wifi , I noticed that you mentioned that you have multiple PC's connected to your router , which could point to a shared bandwidth problem which could dramatically reduce your network speeds.

If you turned off all the machines apart from your problem machine , does this have an effect on performance?

I would also advise that you place your router in a open area away from any other electical devices which may interfer with the signal from the router.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,

Shineyhawkz

IT Technician

0 Kudos
Rhump1
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

shineyhawkz

Thanks for the response.

It is not a performance issue but simply a connection issue (either it is connected and works or it simply disconnects).

That being said removing those Apple applications has seemed to do the trick.

My guess is it was not Itunes but the ICloud application. I guess I will find out when I reinstall ITunes (which is a must since I have an Iphone) but I will leave off Icloud as it really has no purpose for me.

(That being said I now need to figure out a way to get my Dropbox application working again as Windows Updates seem to take the Drop Notification and stop syncing. From some brief research it appears this is a sneaky effort to get me to start using OneDrive, no thanks. If you happen to know an easy fix for this please let me know but I think I will start another stream for that one)

0 Kudos
shineyhawkz
Level 4
104 100 7 10
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No worries, 

If you could mark my reply as a solution that would be great!

As for your drop box problem I would recommend uninstalling dropbox and reinstall it as this should fix any errors you may have! 🙂

Should you have any further problems feel free to reply to this post.

Kind Regards,

shineyhawkz

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation