Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelissaZ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Laptop Screen Goes Black After Login

HP Recommended

Just purchased my HP Envy laptop 2 months ago.  It powers up, I am able to type in my password then then the screen goes black.  Contacted HP support but there were 53 ppl ahead of me in the que, then went searchign on line.  I am now using my old hp that is a deksotp 10 years old that still works like a champ.  So disappointed in this new one already!  Help

1 REPLY 1
MuthuSarkan
Level 4
Level 4
146 144 9 23
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

please following the steps:

• Try to press F11 when you power on the unit.
  • Then select troubleshoot and then try to use system restore to restore to a previsou date in time.
  • See if this works for you. If not, try to follow the same steps and instead os system restore, select System Refresh

Regards 

Muthusarkan

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation