Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone,

I have an HP OMEN gaming laptop. I was cleaning it out because it was getting dusty and when disconnecting the cables from the AX200 wifi card, the connectors on the card broke off. I was able to save the cables but the card was broken. I decided to order one of the same model and installed that instead. My computer would recognize the bluetooth aspect of this card but not the wifi. I tried a few different things with the drivers and nothing worked so my boss and I determined the card was defected. I returned that and got a new AX210 card.

Now, the same thing is happening. I made sure to uninstall all of the drivers I had before installing the new card and drivers. My computer will only recognize the bluetooth and not the wifi (pictured below).

bluettooth.PNG

I saw someone else having this problem and nothing they did work. They determined it was likely a problem with HPs hardware or firmware. I have tried everything I could think of, did all possible driver updates, uninstalled and reinstalled everything, tried to go into BIOS to see if anything needed fixing there, etc. 

If someone could please help me with this I would be so grateful.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you originally ordered the same model AX200, did you order the one with the same part number, or just any old AX200?

It is important that you order the card listed in the service manual that is non-vPro and has the HP part number/SPS number listed on the card's label.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

I see some listed on eBay.

I don't know of any way you can easily get the Intel AX210 to work since it is not listed as a supported Wi-Fi card.

The only outside thing I can think of you can try would be to clean install W10 and see if that gets the card to work.

This forum member seemed to have the same issue as you did when he upgraded his PC to the Intel AX 200.

Clean installing W10 appeared to solve the problem.

Solved: Re: OMEN by HP – 17-an098nx - WIFI Card Upgrade. - HP Support Community - 8364152

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.