Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office jet 3830 all in one
Microsoft Windows XP

I cannot print from PC to printer via wifi. I tried rebooting and have deinstalled and installed on PC and still isn't connecting, I also tried setting up wifi from the printer. 

When I try to print a pop up shows and it says printer needs user intervention but, doesn't say where or how to do this.

Both PC and printer say its connected but it's not printing.

Anyone know what could be the problem or what else I could try?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Still waiting a solutions reply to the same question.

HP Recommended

Greetings @Sue626

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print over wireless from your computer running on XP, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Are you using a dual band router?

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network.

Found this HP Article with the procedure or steps suggested to resolve the issue you are facing. 

Please install and run HP Print and scan doctor to automatically resolve the issue. 

If the issue persists, try the other steps suggested in the article. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm running windows 10 so this solution was not viable..........Thanks

HP Recommended

Your solution worked.........thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @SG1084, glad to hear that the provided solution worked. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.