Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey all,

I recently picked up one of the new HP Omen desktops that were re-designed. Let me get this out there first, I love this machine. The design is fantastic and it's an absolute beast. I don't game but I do audio production work so the extra horsepower is great.

I have one single critique that I'm still trying to figure out (and this is coming from someone that works in IT management). Due to the placement of my desk, I'm utilizing the WiFi card (RTL8821CE) vs. ethernet. I have no issues with connectivity until the second I try to download a large file, usually 1GB+. The download will start for several seconds before it eventually stops and lose internet connectivity all together. The machine stays connected to the network but has zero connectivity. I can disconnect, reconnect and it's back up and running. Any attempt to download a large file from any source will re-create this behavior.

Things I've done:

• The basics (restart, check for updates)

• Flush the DNS cache

• Verified that it's NOT the network

• Turn off the ability for the WiFi card to manage power

• Turn off bluetooth (based off of some posts online)

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Im experiencing similar issues with my computer but instead it gets lag spikes that either freeze gameplay for 3 seconds and resumes or crashes.

HP Recommended

Hi@LindaBeva, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you have wireless connection issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'm here to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Are the wireless drivers listed in device manager?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

If you are connecting your PC using a wireless connection try updating the BIOS, chipset and wireless drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

Note: Before uninstallation of the wireless drivers make sure your PC is connected via ethernet cable.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Try the steps recommended below to solve the wireless issue with your PC.

Click the Start Button.
Type “Device Manager” and press Enter.
Click Continue if prompted.
Click the [+] next to Network adapters.
Right Click on “Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC” or similar Wireless card.
Click Properties.
Click on the Advanced Tab.
Click on 802.11d.
On the right-hand side change the drop down to Enabled.
The  following steps are optional but may help:
Select TX power level.
On the right-hand side change the drop down to 100%.
Select Wireless mode.
On the right-hand side change the drop-down menu to “IEEE 802.11b/g”.
Click OK.

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.