Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have had my HP Omen for about a year with zero issues. Always used it with ethernet cord and never had a single issue with internet. Recently it started to constantly disconnect and reconnect the internet.

This makes playing games/watching videos/doing zoom calls virtually impossible because it is constantly losing connection and reconnecting. Every 1-3 minutes routinely. My first assumption was the internet so I reset the router and did all the regular activities to reset connection. Same issue and then I realized it was potentially the ethernet cable and I was going to go out and replace it yesterday (CAT5 cable so not the best but never had issues before). During the day yesterday I was having a lot of connection issues with my wifi and contacted xfinity. The rep actually went ahead and upgraded me to the new router and also recommended I get a new ethernet cord just incase. So I bought a CAT6 cord this time.

Come home thinking the problem would certainly be solved. Use my computer for about 30 minutes before the same problem begins to happen again and it constantly disconnects and reconnects. My internet speeds are nearly 2-3x faster with the new router but I am still constantly dropping connection.

After doing some research I have checked/updated all the network adaptors and their respective drivers. They are fully up to date. I have turned off all energy saving modes that can disconnect to conserve energy. My computer is fully updated. According to my eyes+flashlight it does not look like there is any residue (dust/dirt/etc) or anything in the ethernet port itself. (It has had another ethernet cord plugged into almost the entire time as well).

Thank you for any support with this very frustrating problem!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Burstex 

Please try a different CAT5e or CAT6 cable first.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I went out and replaced my CAT5e cable with a brand new CAT6 cable yesterday as I mentioned in the post and had the exact same issue. I even upgraded to a better router aswell. @Banhien

HP Recommended

@Burstex 

I don't know what is your machine, but nearly all of them use same NIC. Please try to download and install LAN driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112321.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien 

Why are you even posting on my thread if you didn't read a single word of it. 

I have already done:

1. Upgrade to better router

2. Upgraded from CAT5e cable to CAT6 cable.

3. Updated every driver (including the LAN drivers).

4. Machine is HP Omen Desktop 

HP Recommended

My connection is on USB to the PC.  It suddenly disconnects during online meetings with no noticeable cause. No apparent cause (pulling cable, etc.). No warning of disconnect.   Multiple attemts to reach out to HP suport always runs into dead end.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.