Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 550-a14
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Does a Network Controller driver exist for Windows 7 64bit?  I am having a heck of time trying to get the wireless adapter to work with this computer.  I would really appreciate any  help anyone could give.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update on your situation.  You definitely made the correct choice.  I have Win 10, 1709, on a HP notebook and HP Omen X.  They both run great.  I have never had a problem with either.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jjundt, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Software and Driver Download page for the computer.  You can go into the section titled "Driver -  Network" for the wireless driver.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the welcome.  

I've tried that page, but it says it is unable to bring up drivers for my desktop for Windows 7 64-bit.  Everything else on my PC works, but wireless.  When I try to have windows update the driver itself, it can't find a driver either.  Is my HP PC from only a few years ago really not supported at all?  Am I going to be "out of luck" and unable to use wireless with Windows 7 on this desktop?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @jjundt.

The link that I provided for you is for Win 7 Software and Drivers.  Click on the Software and Driver Download in my original post if you haven't done so.  It will take you to the drivers for Win 7.

HP Recommended

I did that.   It doesn't let you choose it in the dropdown and when the site automatically detects I am running Windows 7 64 bit, it says there are no drivers available.  I ended up buying Windows 10 and upgrading and now everything is working perfectly.  To anyone else that has the same problem as I did, I think your only option is to upgrade windows.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update on your situation.  You definitely made the correct choice.  I have Win 10, 1709, on a HP notebook and HP Omen X.  They both run great.  I have never had a problem with either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.