Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1000nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi !
I bought my computer three days ago.

Wifi was having some problems at first, so I updated my drivers , trying to solve the problem.
After that, the wifi vanished.
I was able to see the card on the peripheral manager while it was in the "hidden peripheral".

After that, it vanished even from the event manager and everywhere. I had to reinstal windows.

Now, I haven't anymore any wifi, I tried to force the instal of the drivers througth the HP installer, but it doesn't works.
The card seems to be realtek rtl8821ce 802.11ac pcie adapter

If anyone has an idea...

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Have you connected by cable? Some models disable the wifi when connected by cable.  Check in the setup to see if it is enabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaItHKRChEE

HP Recommended

Hi Steve !

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it doesn't work.
I didn't mention, that the same thing happened for the bluetooth, it vanished yesterday, and i'm not even capable to see the device in the device manager 😕

HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pojQNzu_xJM

There can be function keys to enable and disable the card. This video may help.

HP Recommended

I tried following the steps of the video. It relaunched my ethernet card, and that's all.
Again, it didn't even detect my wifi card.

I came again in the device manager, same thing, i have nothing in place of my Wifi device card.
I know that this wifi card has many problems. That's why I tried to step back to an old driver to try (which didn't change anything at all)

Same for my bluetooth device

carte wifi.png

HP Recommended

I'm not familiar with the pc, did it come with the card pre installed, is it usb or does it connect to the board and have an antenna out the back?

HP Recommended

It's a PC tower (I don't know the good word in english) not a Laptop.
The card was already preinstaled, the computer is brand new, and I didn't touch anything about the devices (except pluging a screen and mouse/keyboard)

No antenna on the back

ordi.jpg

Thanks again for your help 😉

HP Recommended

If the pc is new, you might send it back, it's not doing what it should and you have made all reasonable efforts to sort it.  It's disappointing to have to return things but it does happen and it's best do it while you can. Sorry I'm not better help and well done helping yourself and learning. 

HP Recommended

Well, thank your for your advice.
Yet, I still have to work with this computer, but I'm going to consider to send it back.

Do I have to send it back to my local dealer, or to HP ?
And, last but not least, does my tryings take of the consumer guarantee ?

HP Recommended

I'm not sure, it can be different in different countries. Start with the place you got it from. Log your issues and efforts to fix it along the way.  Don't be brushed off by lazy salesmen in a shop, ultimately they sold it and they should help. It can be frustrating but it's your rights. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.