Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1360t CTO Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I have Broadcom BCM943228HMB 802.11abgn 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter installed on my desktop, i was just wondering if there was any wifi cards I could use to upgrade the internal wifi card to Wifi 5 so I could connect at 802.11ac?? thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you should be able to upgrade to this model AC card:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can find the above model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you should be able to upgrade to this model AC card:

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You can find the above model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

HP Recommended

Hello.. sorry for the long reply, by any chance would I possibly be able to install a wifi 6 card to get the latest standard or would that be a issue since the computer was manufactured in 2012?? thanks again for the reply much appreciated..

HP Recommended

Hi:

The age of the PC may be an issue, but the bigger issue is that Wifi 6 cards are a different form factor than the Wi-Fi card your PC support, so it won't fit in the slot.

If you want to take a chance on an off-brand Wi-Fi 6 card that was made to fit in the slot your PC has, you can try this one...

Fenvi MPE-AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Dual Band 2974Mbps Half Mini PCI-E Network Wlan WIFI Card Bluetoot...

HP Recommended

Hi.. yes I figured the form factor would be the issue because I was looking around and couldn't find one a half mini.. thank you for the help in finding that fenvi card for me.. much appreciated I'm just going to try and get the Intel ac card you suggested before since I only have 300mbps internet as of now anyway so the Intel 7260 ac card would suffice thank you for all the help I appreciate it

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I too, was tempted to buy that card, but I had upgraded my HP 350 G1 notebook from a Broadcom dual band N card to the Intel 7260 quite a while back and it works fine.

I also have 300 MBPS internet service from Spectum and the card has an 867 MBPS throughput, so that is more than enough.

I tested the card out and I get 340 MBPS download and 12 MBPS upload, so that works for me.

The Broadcom card has a max throughput of 300 MBPS, and I put that in an older Dell notebook and it gets around 120 MBPS download speeds, which was much better than the wireless G card it came with.

HP Recommended

Hey.. just wanted to let you know the HP part number you suggested worked like a charm, I just installed it tonight. Thank you again for the help with the part number.. much appreciated..

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, and thanks for letting us know how your PC's Wi-Fi card upgrade project went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.