Kristena79
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion P6-2310 PC Wireless card drivers missing

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6-2310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our PC was not used for about 2 months, the computer would not accept the password, so I had to do a reset on the computer. After the reset was done my pc is not showing an option to connect to the internet wirelessly.I know this computer has the ability to connect to wifi as it always did in the past. When I go to device manager it does not show the wireless card at all. So I tried to download the drivers but they would not install as they are for the Windows 8.1 system and our computer is on Windows 10. Is there any way to fix this without having to buy a new wireless card because that is not an option nor is having this thing sitting in my living room floor? Thank you in advance for any help that is available.

2 REPLIES 2
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The driver is this

Ralink Wireless Network Controller Driver

5.0.29.8105 Rev. A30.4 MBOct 16, 2013Download

that you have tried?

Hidden Devices.pngAnd it not listed as a Hidden item?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,345 119,522 19,525 29,847
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @Kristena79

Here is the W10 driver you need for the wifi card your PC comes with.

This package contains the driver installation package for the Mediatek (Ralink) wireless LAN Controller in the supported models running a supported operating system.

5.0.57.0 Rev.A    Jun 18, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe

Here is the problem you are most likely to run into with the Ralink wifi cards...they just flat out disappear from the device manager in the later versions of W10.  There are no updated drivers, and there is no reliable way to get the card to reappear.

If that happens to you, I suggest you purchase an external usb wifi adapter.

If you would really prefer to replace the internal wifi card with another model, that is going to take more work and more info from your side.

I would need to know the number of antennas connected to the Ralink wifi card inside the PC now, so I can suggest a suitable replacement.

Here is the service manual which will give you the instructions for how to open up the PC.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03870877

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation