Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just bought an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0024. (I know, probably not the best decision..) The properties of the connection shows its speed is 72.0 Mbps but browsing and downloading is around 30 KB/sec. I figured the onboard WiFi was crap so I bought a USB WiFi adapter. That didn’t work. I formatted the computer and reinstalled Windows. That didn’t work. The problem lies somewhere between the connection and actual use. It’s aware of what it should be connected at but can’t get it there. Our phones, tablets and laptop all download at the proper speed. It’s only the pc that’s affected.

I don’t know much about the router. My wife and I just moved to Florida and we’re parked in her parents driveway living in an RV. I don’t know them very well so I don’t want to go in the house and start poking around with her fathers router. I did have to buy a WiFi extender to get the connection out to the RV. He doesn’t know anything about computers or routers so there’s nothing her could do. I could try to log into the router from out here. Any ideas of what it could be? I’m honestly sick about this. We don’t have much money and I probably shouldn’t have bought this but I needed a faster computer for my home business. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Check the driver for your WiFi on your computer. It may need updating. A lot of times even when buying a new computer some drivers are outdated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.